Viewing 6 posts – 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Author

• Chris Oliver

Participant

Someone recently asked me for some advice as he was thinking of buying a ‘proper’ American muscle car. What would you have said.

steve-shadbolt

Participant

Hi Chris,
    There is only one thing to say to that and that is go for it, I have wanted one for a long time (since I was 6) and I came across an opportunity to buy one, and I have never looked back, yes they are old but parts are readily available in the UK and across the pond,
    The looks people give you and the smiles and comments while sat at traffic lights is amazing, I’m not a show off kind of guy, but people love to see them, especially young children as they have probably never seen one before. It’s all about keeping the Classics alive.

Kind Regards
    Steve

stu2ley

Participant

Have you seen the price of petrol :)

v_8_mart

Participant

look at your parking, storage size, look into parts supply (most are good, but shipping is costly) Dont feel you have to run with the herd…I have a small (no bigger than a cortina) , incredibly rare AMC sportabout, Gucci edition with a small V8….fast enough for me…great parts supply, and I know, no matter what show I attend, I wont see another….and it cost a tenth of the price of a good Mustang

Chris Oliver

Participant

Thanks Steve and Mart.

I was chatting with a guy just yesterday about this. he ‘claims’ only a V8 will do. I heatedly suggested a lovely smooth straight six is just as good. What a debate! Beer was involved, lucky he is a good mate.

Is six enough?

steverino

Participant

I’d say six cylinders is easily enough. Six beers? That might be a different reply!

Viewing 6 posts – 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.