Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts – 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Author

• Chris Oliver

Participant

Which is the best two-stroke, the Yam RD or that marvellous triple by Kwacker. Has to be the RD doesnt it?

Andrew F.

Participant

Agreed, of your two choices the Yam wins on most qualities apart perhaps from mystique! Now, if we factor-in the Suzuki GT750 Kettle…🤔

stu2ley

Participant

RD350LC YPVS For me. Probably because of nostalgia but they went well and looked good

PaulTheOther1

Participant

I’d like to add the Suzuki RGV, produced a little later (more my era) but a cracking little bike in my opinion. TBH i loved it so much i bought another one 3 years ago and have had it since…..

I don’t want to hijack the thread so back to the original question, sorry Chris… if i had to choose i would choose the RD….preferably a 500 :)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by PaulTheOther1.

Chris Oliver

Participant

Trust you to somehow turn the conversation to the Suzi! lol. I mean, it is lovely tho.

On another sider issue, romorrow, Sarah and I are going to see a TR 750 that raced at Daytona. The guy is thinking of selling. What a bit of kit!

Back on topic. The air cooled RD 400 for me. Has to be.

PaulTheOther1

Participant

Haha, TBH all the bikes listed from the start to Chris’s RD400 add up to quite a tidy collection.

Is anyone up for helping me convince the wife i need that collection? I doubt i’ll convince her on my own :(

jontetley

Participant

Love a good old 2 stroke. RD for me though, still fun to ride 40 odd years on!

mreevesmsr

Participant

The KH triple beats the RD aircooled on noise, but that’s about all.
    No mention of the NS400 as yet. Very advanced in it’s day and would run rings around an RD and probably the 500 gamma in the handling stakes. Slower than the 500’s from Suzuki and Yamaha, in reality it was closer to 350cc than 500cc. The biggest downside, (apart from the price tag at the time), it’s probably the worst sounding two-stoke motorcycle ever made.

Paul Cunningham

Keymaster

Never owned or even rode a KH triple although i would love to. I doubt it’s anything like my current triple (Triumph Daytona) but i bet it’s a hoot all the same.
    Good points made about the NS400, stunning bike in Rothmans colours….. i’d still go for a 500 Gamma though, only because it used to be my dream bike and it would settle the itch i have had for 30 years :)

Viewing 9 posts – 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.