Viewing 4 posts – 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

• PaulTheOther1

Participant

With this shocking weather who is still using their classic or is it tucked up for the winter?

jon.rome

Participant

XJS & XK8 convertibles tucked up, but Sir Percy, my 3.8S Jag, had to venture out in the rain today to take my wife to work while her XF was being MOTd. Normally I’d have taken her in my 2002 Range Rover but, thanks to brilliant BMW engineering the plastic coolant expansion tank has a 2″ split. I’ve now replaced almost all of its cooling system even though it has yet to reach 40k miles.

Paul Cunningham

Keymaster

That’s a Jaguar love in if ever I saw one, to be honest I have a massive soft spot for Jaguars as my father worked at Roger Dulake Motors (at the top of Lea Bridge Road in Clapton Pond/Hackney) in the 70/80s and was forever bringing home Jaguars, living in East London at the time our neighbours loved seeing them and I felt very proud to be getting a lift to school in an brand new XJS whilst my friends were delivered in Fords and Vauxhalls….. Ahh the good old days.

I hope the 3.8S was thoroughly washed and dried prior to it’s hibernation, and to be honest I have no sympathy for the Range Rover LOL….

DereC3Vette

Participant

What a difference a year makes.. i was out in mine today. As long as night time temperatures stay above around 3 or 4 degrees the Gritter lorries will remain in the depot and i can still use my classic.

Viewing 4 posts – 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.